Oct 02, 2019 09.00 - 17.30
Westpoint Centre, Clyst St Mary, Exeter, EX5 1DJ
The Apprentice Challenge is primarily a learning and development event with a competitive edge. The only professional development opportunity in the South West specifically targeted at Local Government Apprentices and leading to regional recognition.
Based on the hugely successful South West Challenge, this event will give Apprentices the chance to experience the opportunities, risks and challenges involved in delivering successful local government services.
Aimed at current or recently qualified (in the last 12 months) Level 2 or 3 Apprentice working in Local Government.
This event will give attendees a range of enhanced knowledge, skills and positive outcomes such as:
- Building partnerships with relevant organisations or individuals in a variety of different settings.
- Developing inter-personal skills when working with colleagues.
- Developing and practising media handling skills, including drafting press releases, social media management and an introduction to direct media interaction.
- Developing and practising communication and presentation skills.
- Practising organisational, team building and time management skills.
- Developing resilience to rapidly changing priorities, demands and timescales.
Lead to one apprentice being named “ Local Government Apprentice of the Year” without the need to complete a myriad of forms, as judgement will be made on the day!
This event is also ideal for those who are keen to develop their professional network by working with Apprentice colleagues from other organisations across the South West.