We welcome both inward and outward applications for secondment in order to:
- Provide career development opportunities
- Improve contacts and networks between organisations
- Increase understanding between organisations
- Provide access to wider thinking and sharing good practice
- Allow individuals to invest in the work of others
Investors in People
South West Councils is an Investors in People organisation and learning and development is a high priority. South West Councils has clearly defined policies and procedures, set out in an employee handbook which allows staff to know what is expected of them.
South West Councils is fully committed to the development of policies to promote equal opportunity employment. South West Councils' equal opportunity policy aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital/parental status, disability, colour, religion or belief, race, ethnic or national origin, age or sexual orientation.
South West Councils believes that this policy will ensure that the talents and resources of its employees and potential employees will be utilised to the full.