Events & Training
We offer a range of support to equip Members and Officers with the knowledge and skills they need to meet the needs of their communities.
Training and Event schedule, click here...
Forthcoming events are:
- Sep 11, Mentoring/Coaching
- Sep 11, Coaching & Mentoring
- Sep 11, Introduction to Coaching
- Sep 11, Executive Coaching & Mentoring
- Sep 11, Developing an Eye for Accuracy
- Oct 2, South West Apprentice Challenge
- Oct 3, South West Challenge 2019
- Oct 8, The essentials of teachers' pay and conditions - what you need to know.
- Oct 16, Management of Volunteers
- Oct 17, Facilitation Skills
- Oct 28, Pension Administration
- Nov 19, Pension Managers' Conference
Officer Development Services
We have an extensive history of training staff and developing courses and events to meet the needs of people who work in local government, the wider public sector, not for profit organisations and the private sector.
The South West Coaching Pool has been established to share coaching resources across organisations through a managed service and shared cost approach. Pool members receive professional training for Coaches and access to free and/or discounted coaching sessions.
Qualifications and Accredited Provision
We offer qualifications and accredited provision for officers across a range of programmes:
We facilitate a number of networks which provide officers with an opportunity to share best practice, explore common issues and work together to achieve practical solutions. Networks include:
Learning & Development Consultancy
We offer a consultancy service to help authorities develop their learning provision. Please contact us to discuss your requirements in detail. Possible areas of support include: