Events & Training
We offer a range of support to equip Members and Officers with the knowledge and skills they need to meet the needs of their communities.
Training and Event schedule, click here...
Forthcoming events are:
- Oct 2, South West Apprentice Challenge
- Oct 3, South West Challenge 2019
- Oct 8, The essentials of teachers' pay and conditions - what you need to know.
- Oct 16, Management of Volunteers
- Oct 17, Facilitation Skills
- Oct 28, Pension Administration
- Nov 19, Pension Managers' Conference
- Nov 19, Coaching Master Classes Day
- Dec 12, Mediation for Line Managers
- Jan 7, Coaching Supervision
- Jan 22, Mentoring/Coaching
- Jan 22, Coaching & Mentoring
Michele Evans Biography
Michele Evans is the Human Resources and Organisation Development Support Officer for South West Councils..
Michele’s role includes providing advice on employee relations issues and co-ordinating information sharing between authorities in the South West.
Previously Michele’s career has been spent working in local government and the not-for-profit sector. She has experience in training and generalist Human Resources roles and joined South West Councils in 2009.
Michele is a graduate of Surrey University, where she gained a BSc (Hons.) in Hotel and Catering Administration. She also has the CIPD Postgraduate Diploma in Personnel and Development and is a Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. She is also qualified to provide psychometric testing through SHL (ability tests, personality profiles, assessment centre exercises and 360° appraisal feedback).