Events & Training
We offer a range of support to equip Members and Officers with the knowledge and skills they need to meet the needs of their communities.
Training and Event schedule, click here...
Forthcoming events are:
- Jan 22, Coaching Supervision
- Feb 21, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- Mar 21, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- Apr 18, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- Apr 25, GDPR Next Steps
- Apr 29, Mentoring/Coaching
- Apr 29, Coaching & Mentoring
- Apr 29, Introduction to Coaching
- Apr 29, Executive Coaching & Mentoring
- May 1, Career Coaching Conversations
- May 16, Annual Office Managers/PAs, EAs and Administrators Conference 2019
- Jun 5, Job Evaluation - NJC Scheme
Rachel Grandfield Biography
Rachel Grandfield is a Regional HR Advisor at South West Councils. Rachel’s role involves providing Human Resources support and assistance to Local Authorities and Associates in the South West,including job evaluation, assistance with grievance and disciplinary hearings, advice on employee relations issues and delivering training on areas such as Recruitment and Selection and employment law.
Rachel previously worked for North Somerset Council for over five years as part of their Schools HR Team, advising on all areas of HR and School Teacher and Green Book Terms and Conditions. Prior to this she was responsible for HR at St Margaret’s Hospice.
Rachel is a graduate of Plymouth University, where she gained a BA Hons in Personnel Management. She also has a Certificate of Specialist Paralegal Studies in Employment Law from Central Law Training in association with the University of West of England.
Rachel is a member of the Society of Specialist Paralegals and is a Chartered Member of the CIPD. She is also qualified to provide psychometric testing through SHL (ability tests, personality profiles, assessment centre exercises and 360 appraisal feedback).