Events & Training
We offer a range of support to equip Members and Officers with the knowledge and skills they need to meet the needs of their communities.
Training and Event schedule, click here...
Forthcoming events are:
- Aug 17, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- Sep 7, Mentoring/Coaching
- Sep 7, Coaching & Mentoring
- Sep 7, Executive Coaching & Mentoring
- Sep 15, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- Sep 20, Introduction to Coaching
- Sep 21, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- Oct 5, South West Challenge 2017
- Oct 10, Mediation for Line Managers
- Oct 11, Facilitation Skills
- Oct 18, DCATS Agriculture Practical and Oral Preparation Day (Trading Standards Institute)
- Oct 19, DCATS Food Standards Practical and Oral Preparation Day (Trading Standards Institute)
Disclosure Barring Online Service
This Service provides a secure online environment with our partners NEREO, to provide a speedy, economical and high quality DBS service based on absolute accuracy and efficiency that will enhance your safeguarding process.
Online DBS enables organisations with a legitimate requirement to ask individuals to apply for disclosures, to gain access top this information quickly and efficiently.
HR & Employment Services
South West Councils has extensive experience of providing both employment support and training opportunities for local government staff and others.
In response to new challenges facing the public sector , we offer a range of practical support and advice to help develop and maintain a skilled and motivated worksforce. Our team of professionally qualified and experienced specialists offer the following services:
- Employment Advice and Consultancy
- Education HR Advice
- Recruitment and Staff Development
- National Pay and Pensions Negotiations
- Conferences and Workshops
Our services are summarised in a leaflet which can be downloaded here.