Events & Training
We offer a range of support to equip Members and Officers with the knowledge and skills they need to meet the needs of their communities.
Training and Event schedule, click here...
Forthcoming events are:
- Jun 25, Planning Committee Members
- Jul 1, Management of Accommodation for Gypsies & Travellers
- Jul 2, Chairing Meetings Effectively
- Jul 2, Speed Reading
- Jul 9, Conference 2013: Using Coaching to Promote Positivity
- Jul 11, Role of the Frontline Councillor
- Jul 11, Understanding Community Leadership
- Jul 22, Local Government Structure
HR & Employment Services
South West Councils has extensive experience of providing both employment support and training opportunities for local government staff and others.
In response to new challenges facing the public sector , we offer a range of practical support and advice to help develop and maintain a skilled and motivated worksforce. Our team of professionally qualified and experienced specialists offer the following services:
- Employment Advice and Consultancy
- Education HR Advice
- Recruitment and Staff Development
- National Pay and Pensions Negotiations
- Conferences and Workshops
Our services are summarised in a leaflet which can be downloaded here.