HR & Employment Services
Regional Policy and Strategy
On Tuesday 6 July 2010 Regional Strategies (including Regional Spatial Strategies or RSSs) were revoked with immediate effect.
Click here for more information.
Working for the South West
South West Councils brings together the South West local authorities in the region to:
- Provide a voice for constituent local authorities on major issues affecting the South West
- Influence Government policy as it affects the region
- Encourage partnership working between local authorities and other organisations and agencies in the South West on policy issues where a broader regional approach is required
Lobbying for the South West
- Universal Credit letter
- Funding for Personal Care at Home
- Disabled Facilities Grant Allocation
- Promoting the Prompt Payment Scheme
- Promoting Public Sector Apprenticeships
- Concessionary Bus Fare for the over 60s
In the past we carried out a number of policy reviews looking at the needs of the South West and how they are being met. For more information click here.