HR and Employment Services
South West Councils has extensive experience of providing employment support.
Our team of professionally qualified and experienced specialists offer high quality independent Employment Advice free to member organisations including:
- Terms and Conditions for local government staff and school staff including teachers
- Day to day problematic employee relations
We also provide consultancy (at discounted rates to member organisations) on:
- Recruitment and Workforce Development including suport via pyschometric testing and 360° appraisal
- Job Evaluation / Pay and Grading
- Disciplinary and Grievance Investigations
- Pre-Tribunal Conciliation
- Mediation and Conflict Resolution
- Conferences and Workshops
Our services are summarised in a leaflet which can be downloaded Leaflet.
Regional Policy and Strategy
On Tuesday 6 July 2010 Regional Strategies (including Regional Spatial Strategies or RSSs) were revoked with immediate effect.
Click here for more information.
Epaycheck: National Pay Benchmarking Service
Epaycheck is the national online pay benchmarking service developed for local government by local government. It enables participating councils to share and compare pay and reward data for all Chief Officer roles and a range of other job families of sector-wide interest.
Focused reports are produced periodically using data from Epaycheck. These reports are available at no additional cost to authorities subscribing to the service, the annual subscription fee for which is currently a modest £200.
We hope that this report demonstrates the value, quantity and depth of the data available on Epaycheck. Users in subscribing organisations can also log in to Epaycheck to access all the information in ‘real time’, including new pre-set public reports providing full data on each job family at the touch of a button.
For further information on the Epaycheck system please click here. For any queries about the report or any aspect of Epaycheck, please contact your Regional Administrator, email@example.com.
Working for the South West
South West Councils brings together the South West local authorities in the region to:
- Provide a voice for constituent local authorities on major issues affecting the South West
- Influence Government policy as it affects the region
- Encourage partnership working between local authorities and other organisations and agencies in the South West on policy issues where a broader regional approach is required
Lobbying for the South West
- Universal Credit letter
- Funding for Personal Care at Home
- Disabled Facilities Grant Allocation
- Promoting the Prompt Payment Scheme
- Promoting Public Sector Apprenticeships
- Concessionary Bus Fare for the over 60s
In the past we carried out a number of policy reviews looking at the needs of the South West and how they are being met. For more information click here.