Epaycheck: National Pay Benchmarking Service
Epaycheck is the national online pay benchmarking service developed for local government by local government. It enables participating councils to share and compare pay and reward data for all Chief Officer roles and a range of other job families of sector-wide interest.
Focused reports are produced periodically using data from Epaycheck. These reports are available at no additional cost to authorities subscribing to the service, the annual subscription fee for which is currently a modest £200.
We hope that this report demonstrates the value, quantity and depth of the data available on Epaycheck. Users in subscribing organisations can also log in to Epaycheck to access all the information in ‘real time’, including new pre-set public reports providing full data on each job family at the touch of a button.
For further information on the Epaycheck system please click here. For any queries about the report or any aspect of Epaycheck, please contact your Regional Administrator, email@example.com.
South West Provincial Council
The Provincial Council is the joint negotiating machinery for the South West. It comprises the employers’ side (South West Councils' Employers Panel) and the trade union side and provides a forum for discussion, debate and negotiation on human resource issues. The Provincial Council meets twice yearly.
The functions of the Provincial Council are:
- To exchange ideas with the view of increasing the understanding of the two Sides.
- To promote good industrial relations practice and training, including the development of good personnel practice.
- To undertake tasks as required by the National Joint Council.
- To establish and give legitimacy to dispute and conciliation machinery.
- To facilitate, should the need arise, the negotiation of collective agreements.
- To issue advice, as appropriate, to Local Authorities and Unions.
- To provide a forum for discussion on key strategic issues affecting Local Government industrial relations/training/personnel.
Chair and Vice-Chairs
In 2016/17 the Joint Chairs are Eryca Hosken from the Trade Union side and from the Employers' Side, Cllr Harvey Siggs is the Vice Chair.
South West Councils Employers' Side
Chair: Councillor Harvey Siggs
Vice Chair: Councillor Mike Drew
Trade Union Side
Chair: Eryca Hosken