- Sep 27, Employers' Panel
- Nov 22, South West Councils
- Mar 13, Employers' Panel
- Jul 10, South West Councils
- Sep 18, Employers' Panel
- Nov 20, South West Councils
- Mar 12, Employers' Panel
South West Provincial Council
The Provincial Council is the joint negotiating machinery for the South West. It comprises the employers’ side (South West Councils' Employers Panel) and the trade union side and provides a forum for discussion, debate and negotiation on human resource issues. The Provincial Council meets twice yearly.
The functions of the Provincial Council are:
- To exchange ideas with the view of increasing the understanding of the two Sides.
- To promote good industrial relations practice and training, including the development of good personnel practice.
- To undertake tasks as required by the National Joint Council.
- To establish and give legitimacy to dispute and conciliation machinery.
- To facilitate, should the need arise, the negotiation of collective agreements.
- To issue advice, as appropriate, to Local Authorities and Unions.
- To provide a forum for discussion on key strategic issues affecting Local Government industrial relations/training/personnel.
Chair and Vice-Chairs
In 2019/20 the Joint Chairs are to be confirmed from the Employers' Side and from the Trade Union side , to be confirmed is the Vice Chair.
South West Councils Employers' Side
Trade Union Side