Oct 05, 2017 09:30 - 20:30
The Holiday Inn, Taunton
Are you ready for a Challenge?
The SW Challenge offers a rare opportunity for aspiring managers across the South West to gain exposure to issues outside of their normal working lives and gives them a taste of what senior management is like.
Working as a team of six people from any area of work, delegates will spend the day as the management team of a fictional local authority, encountering many of the tasks that a real corporate team would deal with.
They’ll have to work as a team, with neighbouring councils and with partner organisations to deliver a new strategy for the council. They’ll learn how to keep calm and focussed whilst choosing which areas to prioritise; dealing with politically sensitive issues and still keeping their focus on how to give the public the best services with limited budgets.
The event offers a unique, full-day, fully-interactive training experience which offers delegates the chance to:
- gain a practical insight into how local authority management works
- experience working under pressure with colleagues from your organisation
- consider your organisation’s agenda for transformational change and discuss innovative ideas
- develop ways of managing the current financial constraints
- engage in partnership working and political communication to gain better understanding of the benefits this can bring
- All this will be helped by a team development report produced after the Challenge.
New For 2017 - The All-Comers Team
In 2017 a new opportunity is open, if an organisation has a smaller number of staff they wish to enter tin the Challenge, they can put forward individuals to join an All-Comers team form across the South-West. Download the Application 2017 for further details.
Please download the special Application Form for this event:
Application for SW Challenge 2017
Thank you to Grant Thornton UK LLP for sponsoring the "Best Partnership" Award.
For further opportunities to sponsor one of the various awards or the whole event (where else would you find 140 senior local government officers in one space in the South| West), please email.