Oct 05, 2017 09:30 - 20:30
The Holiday Inn, Taunton
Are you ready for a Challenge?
The SW Challenge offers a rare opportunity for aspiring managers across the South West to gain exposure to issues outside of their normal working lives and gives them a taste of what senior management is like.
Working as a team of six people from any area of work, delegates will spend the day as the management team of a fictional local authority, encountering many of the tasks that a real corporate team would deal with.
They’ll have to work as a team, with neighbouring councils and with partner organisations to deliver a new strategy for the council. They’ll learn how to keep calm and focussed whilst choosing which areas to prioritise; dealing with politically sensitive issues and still keeping their focus on how to give the public the best services with limited budgets.
The event offers a unique, full-day, fully-interactive training experience which offers delegates the chance to:
- gain a practical insight into how local authority management works
- experience working under pressure with colleagues from your organisation
- consider your organisation’s agenda for transformational change and discuss innovative ideas
- develop ways of managing the current financial constraints
- engage in partnership working and political communication to gain better understanding of the benefits this can bring
- All this will be helped by a team development report produced after the Challenge.
New For 2017 - The All-Comers Team
In 2017 a new opportunity is open, if an organisation has a smaller number of staff they wish to enter tin the Challenge, they can put forward individuals to join an All-Comers team form across the South-West. Download the Application Form for further details.
Got A Question? Check out our FAQ:
Please download the special Application Form for this event:
Challenge Application 2017
THANK YOU TO ALL OUR SPONSORS:
Grant Thornton UK LLP
For opportunities to sponsor Challenge 2018 or another of our events please email.