Dec 10, 2012
Dennett House, 11 Middle Street, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 1SH
This course is an overview of the key concepts of Risk Management in a business or public organisation. It is based on published industry best practice. In this one day overview all areas will be covered, with an emphasis on practical use in the workplace.
Participants can choose to undertake an assessed activity (Option 2) which, upon successful completion, will lead to 3 credits towards the Certificate in Change Management, accredited by EDI. 13 credits are required for the full Certificate (see Related Courses).
This course is ideal for any staff involved in delivering change, and wish to gain a qualification, for example:
- Senior managers
- Programme and project staff
- Staff involved in risk assessment or management
- Programme and Project Office staff
- All business managers
To introduce the basis of Risk Management using industry Best Practice and a practical approach to implementation
Overview and Principles
The key principles underpinning the effective implementation of risk management including: what is risk, risks in an organisation, a management framework, risk ownership and critical success factors.
- How risk fits into the organisation
- Threats and Opportunities
- Benefits of Risk Management
- Why you should do risk management
- What problems can you avoid
Corporate Governance context
- Risk as part of organisation governance
- Attitude to risk in an organisation.
Guiding Principles of Risk Management
- The principles of risk management
- Why good risk management is hard
- Difference between risks and issues
The Best Practice approach
The four documents which are used to manage risk throughout the organisation. These documents describe how risk is to be carried out in all of the areas of activity.
Risk Management Policies
- The guiding document for doing risk management
- How to use policies across the organisation
A Risk Management Process
- Key steps in the process
- What needs to be specified for different situations
Risk Management Implementation
- Applying risk management across the organisation
- Change programmes versus operations
- Measurement scales and usage
- What needs to be in a risk register?
- The issue log
Process Steps and Techniques
Approaches to risk identification, documentation (including risk registers), reviewing activities, and applying risk management throughout an organisation.
Risk context and discovery
- Setting the context of risk management activity
- Organisation and activity objectives
- Where to find risks
- Risk discovery techniques
- Measurement of probability and impact
- Causes, events and impact descriptions
- Mitigation actions for threats and opportunities
- Planning to do and doing to plan
Doing risk management
- Effective implementation, making risk management work for you
- Embedding risk into the culture
For all enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01823 270101
“Thank you so much, I have really enjoyed my learning”
“Fantastic trainer, fantastic course"
CPD: 6 hours
Member Organisations: £150
Associate Organisations: £170
Non-Member Organisations: £190
Member Organisations: £375
Associate Organisations: £415
Non-Member Organisations: £455
(All prices subject to VAT. Discounts for multiple bookings may apply)