From Jun 18, 2018 to Oct 09 2018
Marsh Farm Hotel, Coped Hall, Royal Wootton Bassett SN4 8ER
Block 1: 18, 19 June 2018
Block 2: 16, 17 July 2018
Block 3: 17, 18 Sept 2018
Revision Day: 9 October 2018
Please note: this is not a residential course and accommodation is not included
This course has been designed for candidates taking the Intelligence & Investigative Principles module and will give candidates the tools to be able to prepare for the forthcoming exams.
It will consist of seven training days, made up of three blocks of two days plus a revision training day prior to the November 2018 exam cycle.
Training days are scheduled to start at 9.30am with a 4.30pm finish (approximate). Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Full details (along with other important information) can be found at the CTSI website: https://www.tradingstandards.uk/
- Offences and defences – purpose, structure, inter-relationship, statutory definitions
- Police and Criminal Evidence Act – rules/admissibility of evidence, codes of practice, cautions
- Plan and structure an investigation – syndicate work on case studies
- Writing witness statements – acceptable and unacceptable practice
- Skills of investigation – interviewing witnesses and defendants
- Preparing the prosecution report – meeting legal and other requirements, disclosure of evidence, retention of unused material
- Hints on behaviour in Court – giving evidence