HR and Employment Services
South West Councils has extensive experience of providing employment support.
Our team of professionally qualified and experienced specialists offer high quality independent Employment Advice free to member organisations including:
- Terms and Conditions for local government staff and school staff including teachers
- Day to day problematic employee relations
We also provide consultancy (at discounted rates to member organisations) on:
- Recruitment and Workforce Development including suport via pyschometric testing and 360° appraisal
- Job Evaluation / Pay and Grading
- Disciplinary and Grievance Investigations
- Pre-Tribunal Conciliation
- Mediation and Conflict Resolution
- Conferences and Workshops
Our services are summarised in a leaflet which can be downloaded Leaflet.
Epaycheck: National Pay Benchmarking Service
Epaycheck is the national online pay benchmarking service developed for local government by local government. It enables participating councils to share and compare pay and reward data for all Chief Officer roles and a range of other job families of sector-wide interest.
Focused reports are produced periodically using data from Epaycheck. These reports are available at no additional cost to authorities subscribing to the service, the annual subscription fee for which is currently a modest £200.
We hope that this report demonstrates the value, quantity and depth of the data available on Epaycheck. Users in subscribing organisations can also log in to Epaycheck to access all the information in ‘real time’, including new pre-set public reports providing full data on each job family at the touch of a button.
For further information on the Epaycheck system please click here. For any queries about the report or any aspect of Epaycheck, please contact your Regional Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual Reports published by the South West Councils since 2003 are available to download using the links below:
Download related documents
- Annual Report 2017-18 - PDF format (2540 Kb)
- Annual Report 2016/17 - PDF format (2242 Kb)
- Annual Report 2015/16 - PDF format (2536 Kb)
- Annual Report 2014/15 - PDF format (528 Kb)
- Annual Report 2013-2014 - PDF format (534 Kb)
- Annual Report 2012-13 - PDF format (122 Kb)
- Annual Report 2008-2009 - PDF format (132 Kb)
- Annual Report 2007-2008 - PDF format (643 Kb)
- Annual Report 2006-2007 - PDF format (747 Kb)
- Annual Report 2005-2006 - PDF format (1383 Kb)
- Annual Report 2004-2005 - PDF format (521 Kb)