Events & Training
We offer a range of support to equip Members and Officers with the knowledge and skills they need to meet the needs of their communities.
Training and Event schedule, click here...
Forthcoming events are:
- Feb 21, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- Mar 21, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- Apr 18, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- Apr 25, GDPR Next Steps
- Apr 29, Mentoring/Coaching
- Apr 29, Coaching & Mentoring
- Apr 29, Introduction to Coaching
- Apr 29, Executive Coaching & Mentoring
- May 1, Career Coaching Conversations
- May 2, Apprenticeships in our Region - Sharing the Learning
- May 16, Annual Office Managers/PAs, EAs and Administrators Conference 2019
- Jun 5, Job Evaluation - NJC Scheme
- Jun 12, Local Government Structure
- Jun 12, Political Awareness
- Jun 25, South West Coaching and Mentoring Conference 2019
- Jun 26, Job Evaluation - GLPC Scheme
- Oct 3, South West Challenge 2019
- Oct 9, Facilitation Skills
- Oct 16, Management of Volunteers
- Nov 19, Pension Managers' Conference
- Nov 19, Coaching Master Classes Day
Personal and Team Development
SW Councils can support individual and team development both through our training provision and through support from our experienced and qualified team in delivering a number of tools which can help raise self-awareness at individual, team and organisational level including:
GC Index: South West Councils team, working with the GC Index® empowers organisations to drive performance and achieve innovation goals by transforming their approach to talent management.
SHL Occupational Personality Questionnaires (psychometric tests) : A personality questionnaire looking at behavioural preferences which can provide organisations and individuals with a better understanding of their preferred way of working and identify how to develop new skills and enhance existing ones
SHL Scenarios: Three versions of the test are available designed to assess judgement in Graduates, Managers or Senior Executives. One of the most important challenges for any leadership team is ‘Do our managers know how to manage?’ Answering this question is now easier than ever with the Scenarios questionnaires. Scenarios measures an individual’s ability to weigh up real-life situations and decide on appropriate and effective ways of handling them. Candidates are placed in a number of situations in which a selection of different options are suggested. Their responses are then compared with a set of ideal answers generated by experts – giving an assessment of their judgement.
Scenarios assesses a candidate’s overall level of Managerial Judgement, which is then broken down into three key components:
- Managing Objectives – making best use of energies, consultation, alignment with objectives, prioritisation
- People Management – managing a team, balancing people issues with motivation and performance, leading and encouraging
- Corporate or Reputation Management – Supporting, sustaining and being positive about the organisation, managing your manager, protecting the reputation of the organisation
360 Assessment: SW Councils has access to different 360 assessment tools which can help individuals by gaining feedback from colleagues which enables a well-grounded understanding of how they work, how their strengths are perceived and how they can develop.