Events & Training
We offer a range of support to equip Members and Officers with the knowledge and skills they need to meet the needs of their communities.
Training and Event schedule, click here...
Forthcoming events are:
- Dec 20, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- Dec 31, Ward Working
- Jan 22, Coaching Supervision
- Apr 29, Mentoring/Coaching
- Apr 29, Coaching & Mentoring
- Apr 29, Introduction to Coaching
- Apr 29, Executive Coaching & Mentoring
- May 1, Career Coaching Conversations
- May 16, Annual Office Managers/PAs, EAs and Administrators Conference 2019
- Jun 25, South West Coaching and Mentoring Conference 2019
- Oct 3, South West Challenge 2019
- Nov 19, Coaching Master Classes Day
Coaching Conferences and Events
The Annual Coaching Conference held on 9 July 2013 in Weston super Mare was very successful. 100% of participants evaluated the learning as having been good and comments included "excellent speakers and workshops" "thank you - a fabulous day!" "an inspiring demonstration for the power of coaching"
Epaycheck: National Pay Benchmarking Service
Epaycheck is the national online pay benchmarking service developed for local government by local government. It enables participating councils to share and compare pay and reward data for all Chief Officer roles and a range of other job families of sector-wide interest.
Focused reports are produced periodically using data from Epaycheck. These reports are available at no additional cost to authorities subscribing to the service, the annual subscription fee for which is currently a modest £200.
We hope that this report demonstrates the value, quantity and depth of the data available on Epaycheck. Users in subscribing organisations can also log in to Epaycheck to access all the information in ‘real time’, including new pre-set public reports providing full data on each job family at the touch of a button.
For further information on the Epaycheck system please click here. For any queries about the report or any aspect of Epaycheck, please contact your Regional Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
How the Coaching Pool works
How the Pool works:
(i) Reciprocal coaching
- Participating organisations contribute at least one coach to the Coaching Pool who is qualified, committed to continuous professional development and willing to coach externally
- The Nominated coach (or coaches) commit to coach 4 people a year from other Pool organisations
- Participating organisations can access coaching for at least 4 people from qualified Pool coaches but normally, subject to availability of coaches can access unlimited coaching (whilst additional coaching sessions may be allocated if there is capacity they may have to be purchased by agreement with the Pool organisers)
(ii) Training, CPD and supervision
- Pool organisations can have any member of staff trained as a coach at a discounted rate and those coaches do not have to provide coaching to other organisations so can, for example, be coaching internally only.
- Coaches who are providing external coaching across the Pool organisations must be trained,and qualified to Level 5 or Level 7 and this can be provided by South West Councils
- An annual CPD Conference will be held which will be at discounted rate for Pool coaches . The Conference will provide Pool coaches with an opportunity to access the latest coaching techniques and enhance and develop their skills as a coach. It will also provide the opportunity to network with other colleagues and get support and ideas from the peer group
- Regular CPD opportunities at discounted rates some of which will be provided through the Association of Coaching (Coaches with Pool membership received free membership of the Association)
- One group supervision session will be offered free to Pool coaches and at discounted rates for other coaches from Pool organisations.
- One to one supervision sessions are provided for coaches.
(iii) Other benefits
- Pool Coaches - both those involved in external and internal coaching - and their coachees will be linked via a Coaching Management System allowing confidential sharing of information and access to a library of resources
- Pool coaches enjoy membership of the Association for Coaching through corporate membership
- Participating organisations will receive regular updates on the progress of their coaches and coachees
- Coaching will be evaluated to ensure both the maintenance of ethical and professional standards are met and an assessment of benefits and effectiveness.
(iv) Coaching Champions
- Each Pool organisation identifies a Coaching Champion who will help shape the Pool and develop a coaching culture across the South West
(v) Independent Coaches and Individuals
- Individuals may join the Pool as CPD Members to access the CPD and supervision benefits offered by the Pool