Events & Training
We offer a range of support to equip Members and Officers with the knowledge and skills they need to meet the needs of their communities.
Training and Event schedule, click here...
Forthcoming events are:
- Jan 23, Apprenticeships in our Region - Sharing the Learning
- Feb 15, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- Mar 15, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- Apr 11, Mentoring/Coaching
- Apr 11, Coaching & Mentoring
- Apr 11, Executive Coaching & Mentoring
- Apr 16, Introduction to Coaching
- Apr 19, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- May 11, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- May 17, Annual Administrative, Executive and Personal Assistants Conference 2018
- Jun 8, Job Evaluation - GLPC Scheme
- Jun 12, Local Government Structure
Epaycheck: National Pay Benchmarking Service
A secure pay benchmarking facility, developed for the public sector by the public sector. Launched to local authorities across the country in 2012, the service has already attracted more than half of our councils to register for this data sharing service.
Epaycheck is delivered through a nationwide network of Regional Employers' Organisations who provide the front end service in their localities and actively work with their users to collect, monitor and quality assure the data available to report against.
Senior Pay Executive Summary
The executive summary of a review of chief executive and chief officer roles, released on 4th September, is available on our website. The full report to assist in decision-making, benchmarking, policy development and workforce planning will be available to Epaycheck subscribers shortly.
For more information on Epaycheck .....
Coaching and Mentoring in the South West
South West Councils aim is to support the development of a coaching culture that helps individuals realise their potential and organisations achieve outstanding results. Coaching and mentoring normally provide one to one support to an individual enabling a focused development intervention. Benefits include improved performance, productivity and adaptability; increased motivation and flexibility; and the unleashing of untapped potential.
Qualified and experienced coaches can be accessed via South West Councils. To access Coaching for you or a member of your team please contact us at email@example.com.
Prices available on request.