Events & Training
We offer a range of support to equip Members and Officers with the knowledge and skills they need to meet the needs of their communities.
Training and Event schedule, click here...
Forthcoming events are:
- May 12, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- May 15, Introduction to Coaching
- May 18, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- Jun 7, Local Government Structure
- Jun 7, Political Awareness
- Jun 8, Job Evaluation - GLPC Scheme
- Jun 15, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- Jun 19, DCATS Intelligence and Investigative Procedures
- Jun 20, South West Coaching and Mentoring Conference 2017
- Jun 26, DCATS Agriculture (Trading Standards Institute)
- Jul 4, Job Evaluation - NJC Scheme
- Jul 14, Essential Skills for the 21st Century Councillor
Disclosure Barring Online Service
This Service provides a secure online environment with our partners NEREO, to provide a speedy, economical and high quality DBS service based on absolute accuracy and efficiency that will enhance your safeguarding process.
Online DBS enables organisations with a legitimate requirement to ask individuals to apply for disclosures, to gain access top this information quickly and efficiently.
Coaching and Mentoring in the South West
South West Councils aim is to support the development of a coaching culture that helps individuals realise their potential and organisations achieve outstanding results. Coaching and mentoring normally provide one to one support to an individual enabling a focused development intervention. Benefits include improved performance, productivity and adaptability; increased motivation and flexibility; and the unleashing of untapped potential.
Qualified and experienced coaches can be accessed via South West Councils. To access Coaching for you or a member of your team please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prices available on request.