HR and Employment Services
South West Councils has extensive experience of providing employment support.
Our team of professionally qualified and experienced specialists offer high quality independent Employment Advice free to member organisations including:
- Terms and Conditions for local government staff and school staff including teachers
- Day to day problematic employee relations
We also provide consultancy (at discounted rates to member organisations) on:
- Recruitment and Workforce Development including suport via pyschometric testing and 360° appraisal
- Job Evaluation / Pay and Grading
- Disciplinary and Grievance Investigations
- Pre-Tribunal Conciliation
- Mediation and Conflict Resolution
- Conferences and Workshops
Our services are summarised in a leaflet which can be downloaded Leaflet.
Epaycheck: National Pay Benchmarking Service
A secure pay benchmarking facility, developed for the public sector by the public sector. Launched to local authorities across the country in 2012, the service has already attracted more than half of our councils to register for this data sharing service.
Epaycheck is delivered through a nationwide network of Regional Employers' Organisations who provide the front end service in their localities and actively work with their users to collect, monitor and quality assure the data available to report against.
Senior Pay Executive Summary
The executive summary of a review of chief executive and chief officer roles, released on 4th September, is available on our website. The full report to assist in decision-making, benchmarking, policy development and workforce planning will be available to Epaycheck subscribers shortly.
For more information on Epaycheck .....
Disclosure Barring Online Service
This Service provides a secure online environment with our partners NEREO, to provide a speedy, economical and high quality DBS service based on absolute accuracy and efficiency that will enhance your safeguarding process.
Online DBS enables organisations with a legitimate requirement to ask individuals to apply for disclosures, to gain access top this information quickly and efficiently.
Learning and Development
- Essential Skills - 21st Century Councillor 1
- Community Leadership Awards (ILM Endorsed)
- Chairing Meetings Effectively
- Planning Committee Members 2
- Understanding Community Leadership
- Role of the Frontline Councillor
- Elected Member Appeals 1
- Bringing Social Enterprise into your Ward 1
- Bringing Money into your Ward 1
- Community Budgeting for Councillors 1
- Welfare Reform 1
- Councillor Development Awards 1
WAMITAB Waste Management
We offer assessment for most operative and management qualifications including:
Coaching & Personal Development
- Introduction to Coaching 2
- Level 3 Award in Mentoring 2
- Level 3 Award in Coaching 2
- Level 5 Certificate in Coaching & Mentoring 4
- Level 7 Certificate in Executive Coaching & Mentoring 5
- Level 7 Certificate in Coaching Supervision 4
- Coaching Conference 1
- Coaching CPD events 1
- Annual PA and Executive Assistants' Conference Taunton 1
Legal & Finance
- DCATS: Intelligence and Investigative Procedures 7
- DCATS: Food Standards Practical and Oral Preparation Day 1
- DCATS: Agriculture 7
- DCATS: Agriculture Practical and Oral Preparation Day 1
- Pension Administration 4
- Pension Managers Conference 2
- Understanding the Bribery Act
- Contract & Consumer Law 1
- Corporate Manslaughter
- Business Case and Specification Writing 1
- Contract Drafting and SRM 1
- Legal Aspects & EU Procurement 1
HR & Employment Services
In-house and customised
Most of our events can be delivered on an in-house basis. We will deliver courses on your premises for your staff, or for groups from collaborating authorities.
We can work with you to ensure the content of a development package is tailored to your requirements and your learning objectives are met.
- Qualification / Endorsed
- 1 Number of days
- 2 – 3 hours duration