HR and Employment Services
South West Councils has extensive experience of providing employment support.
Our team of professionally qualified and experienced specialists offer high quality independent Employment Advice free to member organisations including:
- Terms and Conditions for local government staff and school staff including teachers
- Day to day problematic employee relations
We also provide consultancy (at discounted rates to member organisations) on:
- Recruitment and Workforce Development including suport via pyschometric testing and 360° appraisal
- Job Evaluation / Pay and Grading
- Disciplinary and Grievance Investigations
- Pre-Tribunal Conciliation
- Mediation and Conflict Resolution
- Conferences and Workshops
Our services are summarised in a leaflet which can be downloaded Leaflet.
Education HR Advice
In response to new challenges, we offer a range of practical support and advice to help schools develop and maintain a motivated workforce.
We are the first point of contact for Local Education Authorities and Schools with individual enquiries in respect of pay and terms and conditions of employment as contained in both the School Teacher Pay and Conditions Document (STPCD) and Burgundy Book. This is also combined with the advice we provide for educational support staff.