Events & Training
We offer a range of support to equip Members and Officers with the knowledge and skills they need to meet the needs of their communities.
Training and Event schedule, click here...
Forthcoming events are:
- Sep 10, Introduction to Coaching
- Sep 19, Coaching Supervision
- Sep 20, SW Coaching and Mentoring Pool: Group Supervision
- Sep 24, Apprenticeships in our Region - Sharing the Learning
- Sep 28, Local Government Structure
- Sep 28, Political Awareness
- Oct 2, Successful Recruitment
- Oct 3, Management of Volunteers
- Oct 4, South West Challenge 2018
- Oct 15, Mentoring/Coaching
- Oct 15, Coaching & Mentoring
- Oct 15, Executive Coaching & Mentoring
Epaycheck: National Pay Benchmarking Service
A secure pay benchmarking facility, developed for the public sector by the public sector. Launched to local authorities across the country in 2012, the service has already attracted more than half of our councils to register for this data sharing service.
Epaycheck is delivered through a nationwide network of Regional Employers' Organisations who provide the front end service in their localities and actively work with their users to collect, monitor and quality assure the data available to report against.
Senior Pay Executive Summary
The executive summary of a review of chief executive and chief officer roles, released on 4th September, is available on our website. The full report to assist in decision-making, benchmarking, policy development and workforce planning will be available to Epaycheck subscribers shortly.
For more information on Epaycheck .....
Recruitment and Staff Development
Questionnaires are undertaken online, and examples include:
- Occupational Personality Questionnaires (psychometric tests)
- 360 degree feedback reviews
- Clerical checking
- Verbal and numerical reasoning
- Management scenarios
Our trained staff are able to assess the results of the completed exercises and communicate them to individuals and employers in order to support recruitment and development decisions.
For other specialist HR support and services contact Michele Evans