Events & Training
We offer a range of support to equip Members and Officers with the knowledge and skills they need to meet the needs of their communities.
Training and Event schedule, click here...
Forthcoming events are:
- Apr 25, GDPR Next Steps
- Apr 29, Mentoring/Coaching
- Apr 29, Coaching & Mentoring
- Apr 29, Introduction to Coaching
- Apr 29, Executive Coaching & Mentoring
- May 1, Career Coaching Conversations
- May 2, Apprenticeships in our Region - Sharing the Learning
- May 16, Annual Office Managers/PAs, EAs and Administrators Conference 2019
- Jun 5, Job Evaluation - NJC Scheme
- Jun 12, Local Government Structure
- Jun 12, Political Awareness
- Jun 25, South West Coaching and Mentoring Conference 2019
South West Councils can provide support for recruitment at all levels including Chief Executive and senior staff recruitment. Our experienced team can help you at every step of the recruitment process from helping to write a meaningful job description, person specification and recruitment advert, through long and short listing, drafting Panel questions, facilitating group exercises and supporting the interview Panel.
Our team can also support the delivery of a number of tools to support a robust selection process including:
- Occupational Personality Questionnaires (psychometric tests) - A personality questionnaire looking at behavioural preferences which can provide additional information for Panels in decision making
- Verbal and numerical reasoning – ability tests which can be pitched at the appropriate level for the role and which provide a comparison score for candidates
- Clerical checking - tests for more junior staff involved in detailed checking of information
- Executive or Management scenarios – ability test looking looking at management skills, which would provide a comparison score for candidates
(the first three tools are supported by SHL)
- Game Changer Index® Assessment tool - Measures the preferred inclination of how individuals contribute to a role and/or organisation. more detail here
Our qualified staff are able to assess the results of the completed exercises and communicate them to individuals and employers in order to support recruitment and development decisions.
For other specialist HR support and services contact HR@swcouncils.gov.uk or call 01823 270101.