Events & Training
We offer a range of support to equip Members and Officers with the knowledge and skills they need to meet the needs of their communities.
Training and Event schedule, click here...
Forthcoming events are:
- Jun 25, Planning Committee Members
- Jul 1, Management of Accommodation for Gypsies & Travellers
- Jul 2, Chairing Meetings Effectively
- Jul 2, Speed Reading
- Jul 9, Conference 2013: Using Coaching to Promote Positivity
- Jul 11, Role of the Frontline Councillor
- Jul 11, Understanding Community Leadership
- Jul 22, Local Government Structure
HR and Employment Services
South West Councils has extensive experience of providing both employment support and training opportunities .
Our team of professionally qualified and experienced specialists offer the following services:
- Employment Advice and Consultancy
- Recruitment and Staff Development
- Job Evaluation / Pay and Grading
- Disciplinary Investigations
- National Pay and Pensions Negotiations
- Conferences and Workshops
Our services are summarised in a leaflet which can be downloaded here
Learning and Development Services
South West Councils is a long established training provider in particular to local government staff and Councillors but also more widely to the rest of the public sector, not-for-profit organisations and the private sector.
We design and deliver courses specifically to meet the needs of our member organisations and others. We offer a wide range of services that support individuals and organisations to improve performance and meet the rapidly changing demands placed on those providing services.
A variety of events and services to support Councillor Development including:
A variety of events and services to support Officer Development including:
A variety of conferences and events designed to respond to new priorities and policies, and changing Government agendas.